Tuesday 22 February 2011

DHAKA LOVES ME BACK (because it is about Karma, if you love a cruel city, the cruel city makes you cry -of joy-)

Four days before leaving Dhaka, she gives me back all the love I used with her.
Bashundara Gate, Genius Market, 22th Feb 2011, 09:50am
Express breakfast with Nescafè Cold Espresso (can) and Toblerone (white). Usually is Paratha and Egg, but today Mr. Majid (HITAISHI) pushed me to wake up before our agreement and cross the city in only one hour –impossible- to reach him in Dhanmondi for the Dhaka Development Forum meeting. He uses to tell me the things at the last minute, and I use to wake up at the last minute, too. Thus, I really needed energy to face the hard day. Coffee and chocolate. And there are three different cashier in Genius, but every day I choose the same one, Sazud, because I started with him, and now he is more than a cashier, he is the daily friend to speak about the weather and the cricket matches results.
Sazud gives me a newspaper in Bengali and says: -Look, do you know this guy?!-
I start to cry. Joy, infinite joy. Thank you Dhaka.


"‎Maybe they do not understand bangla language, but these foreigners are fascinated by the love people of this country have for their mother tongue. Wearing the red-green combination of bangla, they were travelling on a rickshaw on international mother language day."

2 comments:

  1. sei riuscito ad andare sul giornale in Bangladesh!! e per giunta anche la foto a colori in uno stato così povero!!! commosso davvero commosso!! sei un grande!! infatti non a caso sei mio amico!! un abbraccio a fra poco!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..proud of u, wherever u are.

    ReplyDelete